Divorce can be extremely painful emotionally, and the financial stress of a divorce simply adds to the pain. We can advise you along the way to help ensure you know how you will fare financially once your divorce is finalized. We can help you look at key issues such as:
- Analyzing the pros and cons of negotiating to keep certain marriage assets;
- Looking at the tax effect of owning certain assets, such as retirement accounts vs. non-retirement accounts, or the division of stock awards or stock options;
- Pension plan division alternatives;
- Negotiating certain executive benefit options including restricted stock units, stock options, severance packages, and other highly compensated employee and executive benefit plans;
- Illustrate social security options and how they will affect your future; and
- Creating an overall financial plan and projection for you after the divorce.